Career Services provides the support and information you need to make good decisions when it comes to your education, internship, and career choices.
CVMBS Career Services
CVMBS Career Services supports many aspects of your career exploration. Our career counselors can help you with:
- Decision Making: Career assessment helps you define your strengths and match them to the best career for you. Career decision making is a process that evolves over time as you explore your interests, values and skills.
- Job Search Strategies: Networking and research (job descriptions, employers, salaries etc.) are vital to your job search.
- Cover Letters and Resumes: Resumes and cover letters are the first impression you give an employer and are the primary tools that can get you an interview. A career counselor can critique your existing resume or help you put together a strong resume and cover letter that speak to your skills and strengths.
- Graduate School Application Writing: Graduate school applications or choosing the right graduate program can be daunting tasks. Speak with our career counselors for help determining if graduate school is right for you.
- Finding Internships: It's important to find an internship that fits your interests and allows you to develop practical skills in a hands-on environment. Our career counselors can help you with this search. You can also visit CSU's Job and Internship Listing.
- Preparing for Interviews: Interviewing for jobs, internships, and graduate school can be intimidating. You should research your employer, know the job and know yourself before stepping in to an interview. A career counselor can guide you through the steps to a successful interview.
CVMBS Career Services also provides career information for your specific area of study in Biomedical Sciences, Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences, Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, or for students pursuing their Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.