What is a PPDA?
Often termed “Labor Redistribution” this adjusting entry is used to correct incorrect salary and wage entries (i.e., wrong account number, wrong amount)
Where are the Human Resource Services instructions for creating a PPDA?
What do I need to know to process a PPDA through CVMBS?
- Justifications must answer the following questions:
- How is the charge appropriate to the new project?
- Is the current “from” project ending or overspent?
- Why is the charge being moved?
- Why is there a delay in processing this PPDA – timeliness?
- What steps will be taken in the future to alleviate additional PPDAs?
- Necessary signatures:
- Less than 1 month salary or 2 hourly pay periods – creator signature is required and 2nd department signature may be required, as indicated on the form.
- If more than 1 month salary or 2 hourly pay periods – creator signature is required, 2nd department person, Business Officer and 2nd Business Officer signatures may be required, as indicated on the form.
- If more than 3 monthly or 6 hourly pay periods – creator signature is required, and 2nd department person, Business Officer and 2nd Business Officer, CVMBS Dean’s Office and 2nd College Office signatures may be required, as indicated on the form.
- For SPONPR (53XXXXX) and GIFT (64XXXXX) accounts, OSP signature is required after 1 month or 2 hourly pay periods.
- For AES (15XXXXX) accounts, Agricultural Experiment Station (AES) signature is required.
- At the conclusion of all required signatures, PPDA should be forwarded to Payroll for final processing.
- The CVMBS Dean’s Office will forward those PPDAs over 3 monthly or 6 hourly pay periods.
When is a PPDA not appropriate?
- When the original transaction does not involve salary and wages
- When the credit side of a salary entry hits the continuation account (200XXXX), that account is no longer on Oracle, so the only way to fix it is with a General Error Correction (GEC).