1. Applicant Communication
Once an applicant creates an account via the DVM Admissions Portal, he/she will gain access to the Colorado Supplemental Application (CSA).
2. All Updates, Confirmations, Notifications and Announcements will occur via the DVM Admissions Portal.
3. Evaluation & Notification of Admissions Status
The Office of Veterinary Admissions has a Phased Admissions
evaluation and notification process which has been divided into four phases. This will provide applicants with an estimate of when they might expect to be notified about their admission status. The phases are as follows:
- Phase One: early October - Notification and denial of applicants who have an incomplete application. These are applicants who did not submit the VMCAS and/or the Colorado Supplemental Application(s) by the deadline.
- Phase Two: mid-October to mid-November - Applicants for Combined DVM Programs will be notified if they have been denied, selected as an alternate or offered a position. Applicants who have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or less will be read, some will be denied and will receive a deny email notification.
- Phase Three: mid-November to late-December (mid-January for WICHE applicants) - Late December, Colorado and Nonsponsored applicants will be notified if they have been denied, selected as an alternate, or offered a position. Also, Early Nonsponsored offers will be made to those WICHE candidates who were highly ranked by the CSU Admissions Committee members.
- Phase Four: early May to late-August - Accepted applicants will have exclusive access to the DVM Admissions Portal with announcements regarding Orientation, registration, housing, book/supply purchases, etc.