Sample Application, Instructions, and Summary Profile
If you would like to view a copy of our application as a reference for purposes of reading, planning, and printing, please see a sample copy of the 2013 application below. Please know some of the fields will change and new fields may be added to the 2014 application. You can not fill out this version, nor can you submit this version.
When evaluating DVM application(s), the Admissions Committee reviews a summary profile of your Colorado Supplemental Application and your VMCAS Application. The sample summary profile will show the sequence of how your information is presented and read by the Admissions Committee.
Note: Application to any combined DVM program (DVM/PhD, DVM/MBA, DVM/MPH or DVM/MST) or the FAVCIP program is embedded into the standard DVM Program Application though an essay question on the Colorado Supplemental Application.
Detailed Application Procedures
Applicants should send official transcripts to VMCAS before September 1, 2013. (Fall transcripts to VMCAS by February 1, 2014.) Beginning with the 2014 application cycle, VMCAS will perform Transcript Verification
on all submitted VMCAS applications and will make online copies of transcripts available to the veterinary schools.
All international transcripts (to include Canada) must be processed through a Transcript Evaluation Service. Applicants should use the interpreted grades in filling out the list of courses and grades on the VMCAS Application.
All offers will be provisional based on subsequent verification of VMCAS-reported courses and grades. In addition, the fall transcript (if enrolled in fall courses) must not reflect a dramatic negative change in academic performance.
One-semester study abroad or semester at SEA courses are exampt from the transcript evaluation requirement. If your study abroad included prerequisite courses, and these courses are not listed on an "evaluated" transcript nor on an official transcript from your home institution, please ask your Registrar's Office or adviser to write a letter stating the courses, credits, and grades received. If you are offered a position in the veterinary program, submit the letter to the CVMBS Dean's Office.
2. Two Applications are required
3. Submit the following items to VMCAS
- VMCAS Application and Fee
- Transcripts as listed above (SEP 1)
- Letters of Recommendation - You will need three completed VMCAS electronic Letters of Reference (VMCAS e-LORs) submitted to VMCAS before October 2. If CSU receives more than three, from VMCAS, we will take only three by matching to the three names listed on your CSA.
4. Submit the following items to the CVMBS
(College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences)
- Colorado Supplemental Application - (CSA)
This will include application subsets if applying to one or more of the combined programs or the FAVCIP program.
- CSA Application Fee ($60)
Fee must be paid by electronic credit/debit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover) at time of submission.
- GRE Scores - unofficial/self-reported
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE¨) General Test (Verbal and Quantitative) is required. Test scores with dates earlier than October 1, 2008, will not be accepted.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to schedule the test on or before SEP 27 so s/he can self-report her/his Verbal and Quantitative unofficial scores into the Colorado Supplemental Application before the deadline October 2, 2013 (11:00am MT).
- NOTE: The self-reported/unofficial Verbal and Quantitative scores must be entered into the application in order to submit the application (the analytical score is not required).
- Graduate Program Release Letter
If you are made an offer/alternate status, and you are enrolled in a graduate program at the time of application, you must submit a release letter before January 20 from your major adviser or department head indicating approval of your application to the DVM Degree Program and that a satisfactory arrangement has been made regarding your graduate program. Offered graduate students will be admitted provisionally, pending receipt by January 20, for evidence of, or release from, graduate studies. Please email the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Submit the following to ETS (PPI & GRE)
- Code 8300 - ETS PPI Evaluation Report - You will need one ETS PPI Evaluation Report (to contain three recommendations) before 3pm October 1, 2013 (MT). Note: All applicants will need to request three recommenders to submit a VMCAS e-LOR & an ETS PPI web-based evaluation (for inclusion in the ETS PPI Evaluation Report). For more details, please see ETS-PPI Instructions.
- Code 4075 - Official GRE scores - Applicants should submit a request to their testing center, before OCT 2, to have official scores sent to CSU. Official scores should be received by November 30. In December, official scores will be used to verify all applicant self-reported/unofficial scores before offers are made.