If you would like to view a sample copy of our application as a reference for purposes of reading, planning, and printing, please see link below. You can not fill out this version, nor can you submit this version.
Note: Application to the UAF - CSU Collaborative Veterinary Program, any of the combined programs (DVM - MBA, DVM - MPH, DVM - MSA, DVM - MST, DVM - PhD), or the Food Animal Veterinary Career Incentive Program is incorporated via an essay question on the Colorado Supplemental Application.
Detailed Application Procedures
Applicants should send official transcripts to VMCAS before September 15, 2016.
VMCAS will perform Transcript Verification
on all submitted VMCAS applications and will make transcripts available, online, to the veterinary schools. SEP 15 is a hard deadline, no exceptions will be made. If 'all' transcripts do not arrive at VMCAS before SEP 15, your application will not be verified by VMCAS.
All international transcripts (to include Canada) must be processed through a transcript evaluation service and received by VMCAS before SEP 15. Only electronically submitted World Education Services (WES) evaluations will be accepted by VMCAS. The transcript evaluation process can take up to four weeks to complete, after all documents are received by WES. It is possible to expedite your request, for an additional fee.
All offers will be provisional based on subsequent verification of VMCAS-reported courses, credits, and grades. In addition, the fall 2016/spring 2017 transcript (if enrolled in fall/spring courses) must not reflect a dramatic negative change in academic performance.
Special Coursework: For study abroad, military, or AP coursework- see VMCAS Instructions for transcript requirements.
2. Two Applications are required
3. Submit the following items to VMCAS
- Transcripts as listed above
- VMCAS Application and Fee
- VMCAS LORs (3)
- Note: We will use the VMCAS LORs and will no longer require the ETS PPI Report that was previously hosted via ETS. ETS has discontinued the availability of the PPI.
4. Submit the following items to CVMBS
(College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences)
5. Submit the following to ETS
- Colorado Supplemental Application - (CSA)
This will include application essays if applying to one or more of the combined programs, the FAVCIP Program, or the UAF/CSU Program.
- CSA Application Fee ($80.00)
Fee must be paid by electronic credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) at time of submission.
- GRE Scores - self-reported/unofficial
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE¨) General Test (Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical) is required. Test scores with dates earlier than August 1, 2011, will not be accepted.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to schedule the test on or before August 15, 2016 so s/he can self-report her/his Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical unofficial scores into the CSA before the deadline September 15, 2016 @ 10 p.m. MDT.
- NOTE: The self-reported/unofficial Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical scores must be entered into the CSA in order to submit the application.
- Graduate Program Release Letter
If you are made an offer/alternate status, and you are enrolled in a graduate program at the time of application, you must submit a release letter before July 15, 2017 from your major adviser or department head indicating approval of your application to the DVM Program and that a satisfactory arrangement has been made regarding your graduate program. Offered graduate students will be admitted provisionally, pending receipt of the graduate release letter by July 15, for evidence of, or release from, graduate studies.
- Official GRE scores - Code 4075, Department code 0617 is optional - Applicants should submit a request to their testing center, before September 15, 2016 to have official scores sent to CSU. Official scores to be received at CSU by November 30. In December, official scores will be used to verify all applicant self-reported/unofficial scores before offers are made.
Candidates invited to interview will participate in the interview process. We will use the MMI format. The interview process will be held on January 14-15, 2017 (Sat-Sun). All invited applicants will be required to complete the interview to be considered for the DVM Program. Admissions decisions will be based on a combined rank of the application score (50%) and the interview score (50%).