Sample Application, Instructions, and Summary Profile
If you would like to view a copy of our application as a reference for purposes of reading, planning, and printing, please see a sample copy of the 2014 application below. Please know some of the fields will change and new fields may be added to the 2015 application. You can not fill out this version, nor can you submit this version.
When evaluating DVM applications, the Admissions Committee reviews a summary of your Colorado Supplemental Application and your VMCAS Application.
Note: Application to the UAF - CSU Collaborative Veterinary Program, any of the combined programs (DVM - MBA, DVM - MPH, DVM - MST, DVM - PhD) or the Food Animal Veterinary Career Incentive Program is embedded into the standard application through an essay question on the Colorado Supplemental Application.
Detailed Application Procedures
Applicants should send official transcripts to VMCAS before September 15, 2015.
VMCAS will perform Transcript Verification
on all submitted VMCAS applications and will make transcripts available, online, to the veterinary schools.
All international transcripts must be processed through a Transcript Evaluation Service. Applicants should use the interpreted grades in filling out the list of courses, credits, and grades on the VMCAS Application.
All offers will be provisional based on subsequent verification of VMCAS-reported courses and grades. In addition, the fall 2015/spring 2016 transcript (if enrolled in fall/spring courses) must not reflect a dramatic negative change in academic performance.
Special Coursework: For study abroad, military, or AP coursework - see VMCAS Instructions for transcript requirements.
2. Two Applications are required
3. Submit the following items to VMCAS
- VMCAS Application and Fee
- Transcripts as listed above
- VMCAS eLORs*
*Important Note: CSU does not directly require VMCAS eLORs. However, the VMCAS eLORs are a VMCAS requirement! You will be required to enter evaluator information into the VMCAS Application in order to successfully submit the VMCAS Application. Because the VMCAS eLORs are an automated process, the evaluators you list in the VMCAS Application will receive a request, from VMCAS, to complete and submit a VMCAS eLOR on your behalf. If you are applying to multiple schools, it is likely the other schools will require the VMCAS eLOR. Please know, if you are applying ONLY TO CSU - your evaluator(s) will not need to complete and submit the VMCAS eLOR and the CSU Admissions Committee will NOT review the VMCAS eLOR. CSU will use only the ETS PPI Report for review purposes.
- We do require the ETS PPI Report, see below #5.
4. Submit the following items to CVMBS
(College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences)
- Colorado Supplemental Application - (CSA)
This will include application essays if applying to one or more of the combined programs, the FAVCIP Program, or the UAF/CSU Program.
- CSA Application Fee ($60.00)
Fee must be paid by electronic credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) at time of submission.
- GRE Scores - self-reported
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE¨) General Test (Verbal and Quantitative) is required. Test scores with dates earlier than August 1, 2010, will not be accepted.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to schedule the test on or before September 11, 2015 so s/he can self-report her/his Verbal and Quantitative unofficial scores into the Colorado Supplemental Application before the deadline September 15, 2015 @ 10pm MDT.
- NOTE: The self-reported/unofficial Verbal and Quantitative scores must be entered into the application in order to submit the application (the analytical score is not required).
- Graduate Program Release Letter
If you are made an offer/alternate status, and you are enrolled in a graduate program at the time of application, you must submit a release letter before July 15, 2016 from your major adviser or department head indicating approval of your application to the DVM Program and that a satisfactory arrangement has been made regarding your graduate program. Offered graduate students will be admitted provisionally, pending receipt of the graduate release letter by July 15, for evidence of, or release from, graduate studies. Please email the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Submit the following to ETS (PPI & GRE)
- Code 8300 - ETS PPI Report - You will need to submit one ETS PPI Report (to contain three evaluations) before September 15, 2015 @ 10pm MDT. Note: It is critical that you submit only one ETS PPI Report (to include three evaluations). For more details, please see ETS-PPI Instructions.
- Code 4075 - Official GRE scores - Applicants should submit a request to their testing center, before September 15, 2015 to have official scores sent to CSU. Official scores should be received by November 30. In December, official scores will be used to verify all applicant self-reported/unofficial scores before offers are made.