The Microbiology-Immunology Professional Masters Program does not have formal prerequisites, but we do expect students to have a strong fundamental training in the sciences, particularly the life sciences. Coursework in the Program will in many place assume such knowledge and build upon it in an exciting but oftentimes demanding curriculum. Therefore if your undergraduate science training in any area is weak, you are strongly urged to contact the Program Director and discuss background courses that should be completed prior to enrollment so that the student can take maximal advantage of all of the learning opportunities the Microbiology-Immunology Professional Masters Program has to offer.
The Microbiology-Immunology Professional Masters Program is subject to the rules and requirements of the Graduate School of Colorado State University. Thus admission into our program is formally contingent upon acceptance by the Graduate School. For each accepted student in our program, the Graduate School requires:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4 point scale where A = 4.0)
- For international students, a satisfactory TOEFL score (550 paper-based; 213 computer-based; 80 internet-based)
It is important to note that all applications are given full consideration by our admissions committee. Applicants who do not meet the above Graduate School requirements are sometimes given special consideration due to individual circumstances. For example, students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirement may be admitted and enrolled on "Academic Probation" status. Students enrolled in this fashion have one semester to improve their GPA to 3.0 or greater to attain good standing. Additional information on academic probation can be found in the Graduate School Bulletin.
How to Apply
- Complete the Graduate School online application and submit the $50.00 application fee
- One official transcript from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended (Note: CSU transcripts are not required)
- Written Statement of background, interests, motivation, and goals
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Complete the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and submit your score
- To obtain the GRE application and examination dates, visit the GRE website
- Have ETS send your GRE scores to Colorado State University. Our institution code is 4075 Note: MCAT scores may be used in place of a GRE exam
International Students Only:
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores
- Proof of financial support, GS3
- Please refer to the International Application Materials Checklist for more information.