- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- A copy of the applicant's resume or curriculum vitae
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 in all prior college-level work for regular admission
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores in the general examination (verbal, quantitative and analytical writing) within five (5) years.
- One official transcript from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended (Note: CSU transcripts are not required).
- Written statement of Background, interests, motivation and goals.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources.
International Students Only:
- TOEFL/IELTS SCORES
- The minimum TOEFL score for unconditional admission is 213 (computer based); 550 (paper based); or 80 (internet based).
- The minimum IELTS score for unconditional admission is 6.5
Additional Industrial Hygiene Admission Requirements
Admission to Industrial Hygiene is based upon many factors including, but not limited to: academic strengths, undergraduate preparation, work experience, research experience, and extracurricular activities. Applications are most commonly accepted from individuals with an earned baccalaureate degree in engineering, biological, physical, behavioral, or health sciences.
Admitted students usually have coursework in college-level mathematics, biology, chemistry, and physics. Any additional coursework in anatomy, physiology, advanced chemistry (bio, physical, organic, inorganic, etc.) statistics, research methods, and advanced mathematics is also favorable.
Each candidate is evaluated on their individual merits and qualities. Particular emphasis is placed on each candidate's written statement. This personal statement should be a clear and concise portrayal of the candidate's academic and professional background, their motivation to attend graduate school, their research interests, and career goals, as well as any relevant strengths and distinguishing characteristics worthy of note.
Exceptions may be granted to applicants who demonstrate particular professional promise. Such exceptions may be admitted with an individually documented plan of study to compensate for any deficiencies.
Typical MS programs take two years to complete and require 30 semester credit hours plus a thesis (Plan A)
Industrial Hygiene Application Deadlines
- Fall Semester: July 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Applications for Summer Session are not accepted
Qualified students may receive financial suppport through grants from the Graduate School, traineeships from the NIOSH Mountain and Plains Education and Research Center (MAP ERC), various scholarships, and/or research assistantships from faculty research grants.