Applicants are usually recruited from internship programs or private practice. Candidates must hold the DVM degree or its equivalent. No limit is placed on the number of years a candidate has been graduated from veterinary school.
- Application form: Use form S-6, provided in Veterinary Internship & Residency Matching Program directory
- Transcript of University performance
- Letter indicating your reasons for seeking this program and how you would propose to use this training
- Minimum of 3 letters of reference from veterinarians, preferably faculty in clinical area.
Prerequisites other than being a Graduate of an accredited College of Veterinary Medicine:
- One year internship or equivalent experience
All students accepted into the residency training program will be required to enroll in the Graduate School during the course of their residency program. The following application information should be sent to the Graduate School, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523:
- The Colorado State University on line graduate application form, available on line at Graduate School.
- An application fee (consult Graduate School for specifics).
- Application materials should arrive at least 3 months before the beginning of the term in which study is to begin.
- In order to be eligible for scholarship aid, all students should establish Colorado state residency as soon as possible. International residents cannot establish residency in Colorado throughout their program. Rules for verification of residency are available on the Student Financial Services website.
Selection of Residents
Faculty from the appropriate sections review applications and rank applicants through the residency matching program. Notification of applicants as to the outcome of the matching program is made on the date established by the American Association of Veterinary Clinicians.