Please follow the links below for breeding information on stallions for the 2015 breeding season.
Welcome back High Brow Cougar!
The Equine Reproduction Lab is excited to announce that High Brow Cougar
, owned by Bill & Catherine Lacy of Crested Butte, CO will once again join the stallion roster at the ERL. High Brow Cougar, a 2000 sorrel stallion is sired by the great, High Brow Cat and out of the Smart Little Lena mare, Rey Lena Girl. High Brow Cougar has lifetime earnings of $156,267 and total offspring earnings of $510,000 with only 31 performers! His offspring had a spectacular year in 2013. Most notably:
- Montanas Cougar ($144,607) 5th at the 2013 NCHA Futurity Non-pro Finals and 2nd in the American Royal World Series of Cutting Non-pro
- Freckles Meow ($62,609) 1st/2nd Augusta Classic Non-pro, 2nd Augusta Cutting Classic Amateur
- Cougarace ($35,482) 2nd NCHA Futurity 100K Amateur and 1st in the Senior Rider 100k Amateur and 2nd Senior Rider Non-pro
- Jay Moss Cougar ($34,750) 4th PCCHA Summer Classic Challenge Non-pro, 1st PCCHA Summer Classic/Challenge Gelding Non-pro and 15th NCHA Super Stakes Classic Non-pro, 1st Western States Championships Fall Classic Non-pro
- Cougars First Lady ($24,498) 18th NCHA Super Stakes Classic 50 Amateur
- Copper Cat ($21,948) 1st South Point Futurity Non-pro, 1st PCCHA Futurity Non-pro, 2nd El Rancho Futurity Non-pro
Cougarace, a 4yr old gelding was shown in the open at Tunica by Lee Francois and was second and won $16,000! Four Cougar foals will be shown in the Open at the NCHA Super Stakes by: Lloyd Cox, (Copencougarhagen) Matt Budge, (Cougars Ocean) Grant Setnika, (Jay Moss Cougar) and Lee Francois, (Cougarace).Learn more about High Brow Cougar at http://www.highbrowcougar.com.
Welcome back NRR Cat King Cole!
We are pleased to announce that NRR Cat King Cole, owned by North Ridge Ranch of Pierre, SD will stand the 2015 season at the ERL. “Cole” as he is affectionately known as set the second highest arena score ever at the 2014 NCHA World Finals held at the NCHA Futurity in Ft. Worth, TX. He marked a remarkable 232.5! He will have a limited book due to his continued show schedule, but frozen semen will be available for breedings. The 2007 bay stallion sired by High Brow Cat out of the great mare Uno Del Rey (produced earners of over $300,000), a Smart Little Uno mare that has producer earnings in excess of $240,000. Cole has earnings of $130,000 and is still being shown. Most notable, Cole and trainer Tracy Barton were the 2014 Mercuria NCHA Reserve Champion stallion. North Ridge Ranch also bred a full brother, Cats High Noon, who has earned over $142,000.
Other Stallions Available for Breeding at the ERL: