Academic advising is an important part of successfully completing your undergraduate degree program. The Department of Biomedical Sciences offers many resources to help students be successful and achieve their academic and career goals.
It is important to keep your email address current and to check it often. Emails will be sent to you regularly regarding advising and other information. Need to update your email address? Go to your RamWeb account.
Meet the BMS Advisors
263 Lake Street Parking Garage
(970) 491-3926Sarah (Craddock) Maddox
Advisor261 Lake Street Parking Garage
491-7750Dr. C.W. Miller
Professor and Associate Head for Educational Activities
101 Physiology Building
Prepare for Your Advising Appointment
Write down your questions and concerns.
Bring in a list of courses in which you wish to enroll.
Keep track of your progress:
Keep all your advising notes and paperwork organized. Bring them to every advising appointment.
- Know the program requirements.
- Develop a 4-year plan: consult the 4-year appropriate semester-by-semester guideline. Please note: these are only guidelines. Please consult with advisor for more specifics.
- Consult the General Catalog for course prerequisites and semesters offered
- Decide what coursework you are interested in pursuing to complete the 15 credits in BMS Directed Electives
- Bring the 4-year plan to your next advising appointment
- Run and review your Degree Progress Audit every semester